Community Information Database
Focus: Child Abuse Prevention Month
Family Service Agency offers a variety of clinical, crisis, educational, outreach and supportive services designed to maintain and strengthen family and community life. Survivors Healing Center is presenting The 8th Annual Walk to Stop the Silence on April 5th, 2014 from 11am-2pm at Watsonville Plaza.
- The PARENTAL STRESS HOTLINE at 426-7322 is staffed 24 hours a day by trained volunteers providing over-the-telephone confidential counseling for parents.
- CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES To Report Abuse call 1-877-505-3299 or 831-454-2273 for emergency response 24 hours a day. CPS intervenes in child abuse and neglect situations and makes referrals to appropriate agencies.
- KIDPOWER TEENPOWER FULLPOWER INTERNATIONAL has positive prevention programs created with the help of experts in education, mental health, child development, martial arts, rape crisis intervention, child safety, and law enforcement.
Services provided by other local agencies include parent education, parent support groups, child and family development programs, counseling for prevention of child abuse, home visiting programs, youth programs, family advocacy and referrals to other resources such as mental health services, substance abuse counseling and domestic violence services.
A list of all agencies can be found under the CID subject link Child Abuse Prevention.
Recently Added Agencies
The following agencies are new to the Community Information Database. They have been added within the last several months.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Northern California Chapter
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis. We fund more CF research than any other organization, and nearly every CF drug available today was ma... [Full Record] [Add to Personal List]
- Friends of Lighthouse Field
- Nourishing Generations Educational Project
Nourishing Generations offers hands on, dynamic classes that encompass healthy food preparation, culinary skills and fun, fitness activities lead by certified nutrition consultants, natural chefs and ... [Full Record] [Add to Personal List]
- Teddy Bears with Heart
Teddy Bears with Heart gift teddy bears to first responder's and agencies that work with children in crisis, the terminally ill and the forgotten elderly. We are a 501c3 under the Good Bears of t... [Full Record] [Add to Personal List]
- Unblind My Mind
Unblind My Mind is a nonprofit that believes the chronic illnesses plaguing modern society are due to our foods. We educate people of the connection between food and managing chronic illnesses.... [Full Record] [Add to Personal List]
The Santa Cruz Library Joint Powers Authority makes no representations or warranties as to the suitability or current accuracy of this information for your particular purpose, and that to the extent you use or implement this information in your own setting you do so at your own risk. The information provided herewith is solely for your own use and cannot be sold. In no event will the Santa Cruz Library Joint Powers Authority be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, consequential, incidental, special or on claim for attorney fees arising out of the use of or inability to use the information provided herewith.