Community Information Database
National Foster Care Month
May is National Foster Care Month, a month set aside to acknowledge foster parents, family members, volunteers, mentors, policymakers, child welfare professionals, and other members of the community who help children and youth in foster care find permanent homes and connections. During National Foster Care Month, we renew our commitment to ensuring a bright future for the more than 400,000 children and youth in foster care, and we celebrate all those who make a meaningful difference in their lives.
To find out how you can help a foster child, visit these agency websites:
- Above the Line Offers regular orientations to those interested in learning what is involved in becoming a foster parent through their Foster Family Agency, "Homes for Kids".
- EMQ Families First Helping to reconnect foster children with safe, healthy family members and speed their recovery from emotional trauma through the Family Finding service.
- Foster Ed Improves the educational outcomes of children and youth in foster care by ensuring each is supported by an educational champion and strengthened by an education team.
- HSD Family and Children's Services Foster Care and Adoption Foster Services of Santa Cruz County connects loving families with in-need children throughout Santa Cruz County.
- Every Child Outdoors Foundation
Every Child Outdoors Foundation is partnered with the Santa Cruz County Office of Education, Outdoor Science School to provide financial support for participating schools in lower income communities. ... [Full Record] [Add to Personal List]
Listed on the website are four basic approaches to the treatment of addiction, with options listed to the left. 12-Step (12 step) Programs — These programs assist users with a step-by-step path to ... [Full Record] [Add to Personal List]
Recently Added Agencies
The following agencies are new to the Community Information Database. They have been added within the last several months.
The Santa Cruz Library Joint Powers Authority makes no representations or warranties as to the suitability or current accuracy of this information for your particular purpose, and that to the extent you use or implement this information in your own setting you do so at your own risk. The information provided herewith is solely for your own use and cannot be sold. In no event will the Santa Cruz Library Joint Powers Authority be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, consequential, incidental, special or on claim for attorney fees arising out of the use of or inability to use the information provided herewith.