Santa Cruz Public Libraries'
|General Agency Information|
|Name:||La Manzana Community Resources|
|Address:||521 Main Street, Suite Y|
Watsonville, CA 95076
|Days/Hours of Operation/Phone:||Monday-Friday, 9am-12:30pm, 1:30-5pm|
|Description:||La Manzana Community Resources is a neighborhood and community-based center where families can receive a broad range of direct services, as well as information and referrals to other programs that may be of assistance to their specific needs.
FUNDING SOURCE: City Government, County Government
Donations, First Five Santa Cruz County and foundations.
|Mission:||The mission of La Manzana Community Resources is to connect people to services. Our activities respect all cultures and support families in creating a strong, safe, and healthy community.
|Programs:||**NEW** Affordable Care Act
Certified Education and Enrollment Centers
Our advocates can connect your family to programs such as Medi-Cal and the Covered California Health Exchange.
Adelante Drop-in Center
* Legal and Financial Referral
* Access to Quality Childcare
* Family Advocacy
* Resource Parent and Relative Caregivers Support (Roots & Wings)
* Parent and Child Education and Support
* Assistance with various Public Benefit Forms, including, but not limited to:
* Social Security
* Food Stamps
* Healthy Families
* Healthy Kids
* Passport Applications
* Comprehensive Information and Referral
* Positive Parenting Program (Triple P): Parenting strategies and tools provided individually or in a group setting.
* Play & Learn: Parents and their young children learn fundamentals through play.
* Renacer: Support group for parents of children with special needs.
* Adult Spanish Literacy
* English Classes for Monolingual Spanish Speakers
* Entry Level/Basic Computer Navigation
* Food Distribution
* Summer Lunch
* Advisory Council
|Volunteer Info:||Minimum Age: 16. We welcome and encourage volunteers of all ages, talents, and abilities. Volunteer opportunities include:
* Office Assistance
* Community Outreach
* Bilingual Client Advocacy
* Tutoring Spanish Literacy
* Spanish and English Language Tutors
* Advisory Council
|Languages other than English:||Spanish|
|Accommodations for Disabled:||Parking & Wheelchair Access|
|Public Transportation:||Available Within One Block|
|Eligibility:||Open to All|
|Areas Served:||Pajaro Valley|
|Funding Source:||See Description Notes|
|Parent Agency:||Community Bridges|
At Risk Youth
Caregiver Support Groups
Child Abuse Prevention
Child Care Instruction
Child Passenger Safety Education
English as a Second Language
Families with Children
Family Support Centers/Outreach
Health Insurance Information/Counseling
Information and Referral
Parenting Skills Development
Parenting/Family Support Groups
Social Security Recipients
Summer Food Service Programs
Utility Bill Payment Assistance
|This record last modified October 9, 2013|